The Pre-Masters Programme is a two academic term Masters preparation course for international students (non EU/UK) wishing to obtain a Masters degree at Kingston University. The Pre-Masters programme provides progression academic and English language preparation for international students whose current qualifications do not meet Kingston University's Masters entry requirements.
Why choose the Pre-Masters Programme at Kingston University, London – International Study Centre?
- Study alongside a diverse mix of international students which will enhance your cross-cultural understanding and encourage consistent practice of your English language communication
- Complete your Pre-Masters Programme in as little as six months and ensure you are rigorously prepared and have the confidence to undertake the challenge of a Masters degree
- Choose from a wide variety of Business and non-Business Masters degrees that are valued by employers
- Gain access to all the study, sports and social resources available at Kingston University
Each term is between 9-11 weeks
|Hours of study (per week):
||16 hours of classroom tuition and 1 hour personal tutorial support. Students are expected to contribute a minimum of 24 hours of self-study
||IELTS 5.5 (overall) with no element below 5.5
||Country listings are on our entry requirements page. If your country is not listed, please contact our International Admissions Advisers
|Age on entry:
||Students are usually at least 17 years old
|Tuition fees (2013/14):
||Click to apply now
Progression from the Pre-Masters Programme to a Masters degree programme at Kingston University
After starting the Pre-Masters Programme you will receive a conditional offer of a degree place. Once you have successfully completed the Pre-Masters Programme and, subject to satisfying the progression criteria outlined, you can proceed directly onto your chosen Masters degree at the University.
The course is modular. You will study four modules continually across both term one and two. Some modules are English skills for academic study and some cover academic subjects.
Your development will be assessed regularly throughout the programme. This will ensure you achieve the standard required for progression onto your chosen postgraduate degree. Assessments include:
- Unseen written examinations
- Individual and group presentations
- Extended essays and case studies.
Apply now or contact us today
To find out more information or to ask us any questions, please fill out an enquiry form or you can apply for a course now.
The Kingston ISC prospectus is available to download and read at your leisure.
Two terms (January to June)
January 2015 start:
Term 1 – 12 January - 20 March
Term 2 – 7 April - 12 June