Upfront Commission Payments
From May 2017: you will be paid all commission in one upfront payment.
- For Higher Education students, these commission payments will be made four times a year on fixed dates. See the payment schedule below.
- These payments will include the entire commission due for each course of study as long as the student has paid their pre-arrival fees before they start their course.
- Commission will be added to the relevant quarterly payment once a student has started their course (refer to the payment schedule below for the deadlines).
- For the payment to be included, students must have paid their pre-arrival fees before they start their course.
- However, students do not need to have paid the fees for their whole course.
You can find further details in your Study Group Partner Agreement. These commission payments will only be available if you agree to the updated Terms & Conditions (version 17.01). Please also note that from January 2017, we cannot complete your enrolments unless you have accepted the terms of the agreement.
- For your Higher Education students, payments will be made four times a year in February, May, August and November on fixed dates.
- These are payments for Base commission and Follow-On Commission.
- Partner Rewards Bonus and other bonuses will be paid twice a year in May and November.
- Note: Embassy and CE commission payments are not changing.
One-time payment by 31 March 2017
- To prepare for upfront payments and the new payment schedule, Study Group will be making a one-time payment
- By 31 March 2017, Study Group will pay all outstanding commission for students who started their course before 31 January 2017
- Remember, the new quarterly commission payments will start at the end of May for Higher Education students starting their courses from 1 February 2017
- Clear commission statements will be accessible online after each payment.
- Reminder emails will be sent with links each time a new statement is published.
- Our statements will include:
- A summary commission and payment section for each student destination country.
- Complete commission information for Base Commission, Follow-On Commission, Partner Rewards and other Bonuses.
- If your student leaves early and is refunded part of their fees, your next commission payment will be adjusted by a pro rata amount.
- If your student changes their program of study after arrival, commission will be recalculated for the new program.
What happens next?
Note: Our new payment schedule only applies to your Higher Education (HE) students. The Embassy commission payment schedule will continue as it is today.
HENA Admissions: A Clear and Transparent Process
Study Group is determined to make the Higher Education North America Application Process clear and transparent to all invested partners. The goal is to better communicate the application stages in real time and to keep moving it swiftly from submission to offer. The team has streamlined each process and increased resources to better serve students, agents and university partners. Below are a few improvements recently implemented
Alerts, Triggers and Touch Points
Greater visibility into the admission process facilitates stronger communications and prevents unnecessary delays. The following touch points will help agents and university partners stay informed as they monitor the status of submitted applications.
- Instant knowledge of new applications via email
- Application completeness updates within 1 business day of submission. If a document is missing, we will inform you quickly, so that you might work to provide omitted documents
- Prequalification letters within 3 business days, indicating that the applicant is academically admissible and if there are any missing documents. Remember, applications submitted 100% complete the first time will move through the admissions and approval process much faster.
- When University assessment is required, partners are notified that a student’s application has been submitted to the University.
Study Group is providing automated, weekly reporting to improve transparency into the admission process, helping agents understand what stage their application is in and ultimately moving more students through the process faster
Service Level Agreements (SLA) Report:
Tracks response times of all offers for each invested party--university partners, admissions , and agents. This report ensures that all groups adhere to the agreed upon SLA's and highlight instances where an application has moved beyond these parameters.
Student Admission Status Report: Tracks the status of individual submitted applications throughout the application journey
Study Group invests to deliver you the best service
Study Group has made significant investments to improve our service.
Upfront commission payments
Study Group has invested in a new commission payment system and developed new processes to simplify our commission payments. From May 2017, you will be paid one single commission payment for each course your students enrol in. This means we will pay you the entire commission due for each course of study, even if your student has not yet paid their fees in full. These payments will be made quarterly for our HE programmes, to ensure consistency throughout the year. We will also provide you with clear commission statements. For full details visit studygroup.com/upfrontpayment.
Simpler & better tuition fee payment system
For your parents and students, we have enhanced how they can view and pay their fees online. Our foreign exchange rates are lower than ever, allowing parents to pay in their local currency without facing extra costs or charges. Also, we do not charge any processing fees for bank transfers or debit card payments and we have reduced credit card processing fees by 20%! Finally, we are always looking to add new payment options - your Chinese students now have the option to pay by local bank transfer in Renminbi.
Study Group North America to benefit from faster admissions
The USA is the #1 higher education destination in the world with more than 1 million college students studying annually. We are delivering faster turnaround times in North America Admissions to ensure you can access this growing destination with ease. Download all the details here.
HENA delivers faster application decisions
Study Group’s North American admissions team has worked diligently to deliver admissions decisions more quickly to students. Through the combined efforts of adding resources in strategic locations, collaborating with university partners, and streamlining processes, the North American admissions team is now executing on the following timeline for processing admissions decisions:
- Pre-qualification letters issued within 3 business days for non-borderline applications*
- Undergraduate offers delivered within 6 business days of complete application receipt**
- Graduate offers delivered within 15 business days of complete application receipt**
Delivering faster admissions decisions meant appropriating more resources in markets (and time zones) where students reside. Allocating dedicated resources in our Singapore Hub to North American admissions allows the team to respond to all inquiries and review submitted applications for completeness within one business day:
- 18 admissions team members dedicated to North America
- 14 in North America; 4 in Singapore
- Respond to all inquiries within one business day
Every aspect of the admissions process was evaluated to identify any unnecessary obstacles known to slow the process. Investigating each step in the process, helped identify areas of improvement and opportunities for innovation. The result is a much more streamlined process, armed with helpful alerts and improved communication channels.
University Partner Collaboration:
In order to consistently deliver on rapid decision times, relationships with universities partners were strengthened. Through collaboration, each university partner reevaluated their processes and admissions criteria to help remove roadblocks and to expedite the university review process. As a result, our partners are now committed to achieving the service level agreements stated above*.
*For more details specific to each HEI partner, please refer to this HENA admissions transformation details document.
**Indicates the amount of time the application resides with Study Group. Time frame may extend if agent is compiling documents to complete applications.
You can email us specific HENA questions at NAQueries@StudyGroup.com
HENA Managing Director Committed to Driving Change, Delivering Results
Study Group strives to be the number one provider of education in North America. Only by driving significant change and delivering compelling results can this be achieved. Leading this movement of innovation and transformation is the new Managing Director in Higher Education for North America, Emily Williams Knight.
In her video, Emily shares her vision for implementing critical change in the rapidly growing, highly sought after North American market.
Transforming admissions is the first of several key improvements that you will see implemented to ensure we are providing best-in-class service to our partners, ensuring that you experience
- Faster application turnaround times
- Enhanced support to guide your students through the admissions process
- Greater clarity and transparency throughout the process
You can email us specific HENA questions at NAQueries@StudyGroup.com