Page last updated on 06.04.2021 at 10:00 GMT
Holland International Study Centre (ISC) will be open for your studies. We are looking forward to welcoming you. Start your programme now and progress to your chosen Dutch university.*
Highly engaging learning and teaching
We’re open for your studies.** In order to create the safest possible learning environment, and whilst social distancing restrictions are in place, you will benefit from a mixture of as many face-to-face interactions as possible, supported by online learning. You will also receive one-to-one support, giving you help and guidance every step of the way.
If, due to travel restrictions, you are unable to travel to the Netherlands for the start of the first term, you can start your studies online from home.
Providing there are no continuing travel restrictions we would expect to see you in the Centre ahead of your studies continuing in January 2021.
Our transition plan will ensure you have a smooth transfer to the Netherlands.
A safe and inclusive environment
We have put a rigorous health and safety risk-assessment in place so you can be assured of a safe and inclusive campus environment. To make sure you feel confident to start your programme in The Netherlands, our Centre will be adapted to ensure that they are safe through the following measures.
- Encourage the wearing of face-coverings around our buildings. In some places face-coverings may be mandatory, and you will be required to wear these in public spaces according to local government guidelines. You should bring your own face-coverings, but where face-coverings are mandatory we will be able to supply these to you, should you not be able to provide your own.
- Provide hand sanitisers in all our buildings and remind our students about their own personal hygiene including the regular washing of hands;
- Introduce enhanced regular cleaning and sterilising regimes;
- Manage the flow of people around our buildings with one-way systems and signage
- Ensure social distancing measures including limiting class sizes;
- Make use of online learning and will ensure the right balance of classroom interactions and engaging with learning and fellow students online.
- Take additional steps to ensure that vulnerable students or those with special requirements are given enhanced and appropriate levels of support.
A caring community
You'll receive a warm welcome and plenty of support to help you succeed. We will offer a range of welcome activities to help you settle in to student life and make the most of your student experience. As part of our programme of welcome activities we will encourage you to take the opportunity to meet your teachers and fellow students – you will be fully part of our international community from day one. As soon as you start your programme, you will meet other international students who are going through a very similar experience to you. You may already have met them on our Prepare for Success course! For full information on Induction Week see below.
Your student experience
We recognise that the social aspect of student life is very important to you. That’s why we are putting together a comprehensive Induction Week programme which includes fun-filled and inspiring events to help you settle in and meet other students.
During your time at Holland ISC, you could become a Student Ambassador and help to organise events and activities for your peers, write blogs, give tours, or run social media accounts. You could also join the student council to represent your fellow students’ views. Life in the Netherlands will bring plenty of opportunities to get involved and meet people who share common interests.
** Subject to satisfactory completion of our detailed health and safety risk assessment
* Subject to meeting progression requirements