What are the benefits of our introduction course?
Start Smart is the beginning of your academic journey. We have years of experience helping international students like you to achieve your goals, so we’ve designed an introduction that will help you to develop the skills which will be most useful to you as a university student.
Delivered over 1 week, you will:
- Meet and interact with staff before you arrive
- Be a part of an international community of students from around the world
- Join interactive sessions covering a range of topics
- Create your own schedule and develop your transferable skills
- Receive personalised feedback from teachers and classmates
- Experience a university learning style with both one-to-one and group discussions
- Be awarded a certificate of completion at the end of the course
You’ll cover a range of topics with us, including:
- US culture
- Listening and speaking
- Reading and writing
- Learning and success
- Navigating your learning management system
Joining Start Smart is easy. To access the course, all you need to do is confirm your place with us and begin paying towards your tuition fees.
1. Confirm your place
The first step is to confirm your place on your program of study with us. To do this, you’ll need to submit your signed offer letter.
2. Send payment
You will then need to secure your place by arranging a confirmation payment and paying a proportion of your tuition fees. You can find out how to pay your fees by visiting your Center's website.
3. Start Smart
It’s then time to Start Smart. Once we secure your place, you will be automatically enrolled to begin the introductory program. We’ll then send you an email with the next steps.