Please note that effective 12 May 2023, Study Group has transferred ownership and control of Navitas Australia Pty Limited (formerly named Study Group Australia Pty Limited) trading as Taylors College Sydney, CRICOS Provider Code: 01682E, ABN: 88 070 919 327 to Navitas. We assure you that Navitas is committed to providing the same high levels of service that Study Group has provided. As part of the transition, Study Group will act as a third-party service provider to Navitas and will assist in seamlessly transitioning the business fully to Navitas.
Navitas Australia Pty Limited (Navitas Australia) is a private Australian and New Zealand education institution providing pre-university, foundation, English language and higher education programs at Navitas Australia’s own colleges and in partnership with a number of Australian and New Zealand universities.
In Australia, Navitas Australia is a:
- Registered provider of ELICOS and courses to overseas students [CRICOS Provider code: 01682E].
In New Zealand, Navitas Australia’s subsidiary, Navitas NZ Limited (formerly named Study Group NZ Limited) is a Private Training Establishment (PTE) registered with the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA).
Governance and Management
Navitas Australia’s Board of Directors
The Navitas Australia Board of Directors (Navitas Australia Board) is the corporate governing body of Navitas Australia, accountable for the company, and the business affairs and property of the company. The Navitas Australia Board has final governance responsibility for all matters associated with Navitas Australia.
The Navitas Australia Board of Directors comprises:
- Beverly June Hudson, (Director)
- Hugh Hangchi, (Secretary)
- Matthew Charles Rumpus, (Secretary)
- Geoffrey Thomas Kirk, (Public Officer)
The Navitas Australia Board has established the Risk and Compliance Committee.
Quality and Accreditation
Accreditation and quality assurance
Navitas Australia Pty Limited delivers:
- TEQSA registered ELICOS program ( Academic English Preparation (AEP)) is owned and delivered by Navitas Australia Pty Limited, trading as Taylors College Sydney.
Navitas Australia Pty Limited also delivers on behalf of its university partners:
- The University of Sydney's Foundation Program (USFP) and University of Sydney High Achievers Preparation Program (HAPP) from Navitas Australia’s Taylors College Sydney campus, through joint venture with the University of Sydney Foundation Program Pty Limited.
Navitas NZ Limited also delivers on behalf of its university partners:
- Foundation Studies, Certificate of University Preparation, Academic English Language, Diploma in Postgraduate Preparation, International Diploma (Business), and International Diploma (Computer Science) (The University of Waikato).
Compliance with Commonwealth, State or Territory legislation and regulatory requirements
Navitas Australia ensures that its policies and procedures meet the requirements of Commonwealth or State and Territory legislation relevant to our operations, including (but not limited to):
- Corporations Act 2001
- Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000
- National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018 (the National Code)
- TEQSA Act 2011
- Education Services for Overseas Student (Foundation Program Standards) Instrument 2021
- English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS) Standards 2018
- Various other Commonwealth and State legislation, including those that concern Privacy and Personal Information, Health and Safety, Access and Equity, Workplace Harassment, Victimisation and Bullying, Anti-discrimination, Equal Opportunity, and Human Rights.
Navitas NZ Limited ensures that its policies and procedures meet the requirements of New Zealand legislation relevant to our operations, including (but not limited to):
- Companies Act 1993
- Education and Training Act 2020
- Education (Pastoral Care of Tertiary and International Learners) Code of Practice 2021
- Relevant NZQA Rules 2022
- Children’s Act 2014
- Various other New Zealand legislation, including those that concern Privacy and Personal Information, Health and Safety, Access and Equity, Workplace Harassment, Victimisation and Bullying, Anti-discrimination, Equal Opportunity, and Human Rights.
Students are provided with information about legislation relevant to their studies through their College policies, procedures, student handbook, course guides, orientation and website.
Navitas undertakes to act at all times in a professional and ethical manner. Staff and education agents must abide by the professional standards expected of education providers.
Navitas implements strategies that support the inclusion of students of all nationalities and backgrounds on our campuses and in our communities.
Navitas believes that student learning cannot be separated from student welfare and that the best learning environment is one where students feel safe and are happy. To support this, Navitas is committed to providing safe and friendly learning environments that ensure our students’ wellbeing and protection from harm.
Raising a complaint
Navitas aims to provide a learning and working environment in which grievances are responded to promptly and with minimum distress and maximum protection to all parties. Our procedures for handling complaints are based on confidentiality, impartiality, procedural fairness and protection from victimisation.
Processes for dealing with student complaints are outlined in student policy on handling of complaints which can be accessed from each College website. For other matters please contact us.
Modern Slavery Statement
Navitas is committed to the prevention of modern slavery in our operations and supply chains. The Navitas Modern Slavery Statement for the year ended 31 December 2021 can be accessed here.
Navitas Australia Whistleblowing Policy and Procedure
The Navitas Australia Whistleblowing Policy and Procedure relates to the Australian subsidiaries of Navitas. The policy explains how eligible whistleblowers may make disclosures about wrongdoing and can be found here.