We are looking forward to welcoming you. Start your programme now and progress to your chosen university.*
Highly engaging learning and teaching
We’re open for your studies.** In order to create the safest possible learning environment, and whilst social distancing restrictions are in place, you will benefit from a mixture of as many face-to-face interactions as possible, supported by online learning. You will also receive one-to-one support, giving you help and guidance every step of the way.
If you cannot travel to the UK for the start of the first term, you can start your studies online from home.^ Our transition plan will ensure you have a smooth transfer to the UK when you are able to do so.
A safe and inclusive environment
We have put a rigorous health and safety risk-assessment in place so you can be assured of a safe and inclusive campus environment. To make sure you feel confident to start your programme in the UK, our Centres and Colleges will be adapted to ensure that they are safe through the following measures:
- We will encourage the wearing of face-coverings around our buildings;
- We will provide hand sanitisers in all our buildings;
- We will have enhanced regular cleaning and sterilising regimes;
- We will manage the flow of people around our buildings;
- We will manage social distancing including limiting class sizes;
- We will make use of online learning and will ensure the right balance of face-to-face interactions and engaging with learning and fellow students online.
- We will take additional steps to ensure that vulnerable students or those with special requirements are given enhanced and appropriate levels of support.
Student experience and community
You'll receive a warm welcome and plenty of support to help you succeed. We will offer both face-to-face and online welcome activities to help you settle in to student life and make the most of your student experience. As part of our programme of welcome activities we will encourage you to take the opportunity to meet your teachers and fellow students both face-to-face and online – you will be fully part of our international community from day one. As soon as you start your programme, you will meet other international students who are going through a very similar experience to you. During your time in the UK, you will have the opportunity to join clubs and societies where you will meet people who share a common interest.
* Subject to meeting progression requirements
** Subject to satisfactory completion of our detailed health and safety risk assessment
^ Excluding the University of Huddersfield International Study Centre